My physiotherapist has told me that she doesn’t see me running again for at least a year.
Yup, a whole year.
While this is suckful, it’s also a bit of a wakeup call. It’s the reason that “physio” made my list of S.M.A.R.T. goals, even after I turned them into H.A.P.P.Y. goals. And while I can’t run, I can walk. And I have been walking. But walking needs the right tunes.
Every time I read one of Finola‘s posts with her running tunes, I resolve to write one with my walking tunes. So here it is.
- Glory Days (Bruce Springsteen)
- New Sensation (INXS)
- Highway To Hell (ACDC) Great for uphill!
- Heard It Through The Grapevine (California Raisins)
- Every Breath You Take (The Police)
- Funky Cold Medina (Tone Loc) Good lord did I really listen to this?
- Lady Marmalade (Christina Aguilera?) LOVE this one. Also makes a great cha-cha.
- It Never Woulda Worked Out Anyway (Brad Paisley) Hilarious.
- I’m Every Woman (Chaka Khan) You go girl!
- Graceland (Paul Simon) Such a great travellin’ song.
- Respect (Aretha Franklin) Word!
- Show Me Love (Robin S)
- Get On Your Feet (Gloria Estefan)
- You Give Love A Bad Name (Bon Jovi) I once karaoke’d this. Oh yes I did.
- Conga (Gloria Estefan) Conga line not required. Not even encouraged.
- 1985 (Bowling For Soup) Oh god, they’re singing about me.
- Manic Monday (Bangles) See above.
- Under Pressure. (Queen) I can’t tell you how relieved I was to learn that Vanilla Ice did NOT write this riff.
- 100 Years (Five for Fighting) Great cool-down song.
Got any great walkin’ tunes?
What’s on YOUR play list?